Haydn Evans is an established engineering practice committed to Engineering Technical Excellence. Operating from a single office in the Southeast of England delivering a wide range of specialist consultancy services including Infrastructure, Marine, Rail & Structural Engineering design. Haydn Evans (HE) recognises that our activities impact on the environment and accepts that it is part of a global community from which it derives much benefit and to which it owes great responsibility. HE accepts its responsibility to mitigate any adverse impacts of its business activities on the environment and is committed to achieving environmental best practice throughout its business activities.
The Directors ensure that the Environmental Policy is:
• Regularly reviewed and updated.
• Available to the public, our employees and those working on behalf of the company. • Implemented in day-to-day activities.
• Monitored for success on an annual basis via the annual Management Review and also through the review by an environmental specialist consultant.
HE commits to:
• Protection of the environment and preventing pollution from activities at our premises and on site.
• Continual environmental improvement by setting meaningful objectives & targets. • Fulfil its compliance obligations by complying or exceeding the requirements of relevant environmental regulations and legislation as well as supporting the Environmental Policy of the Association of Consulting Engineers.
• Continually seeking ways to reduce our impact on the environment and working to prevent pollution.
• Monitoring purchase practices and internal operations, including energy and transport. To ensure best use of sustainable natural resources, by using products that are less harmful to the environment and operating a re-use and recycle system where practical.
HE aims to:
• Minimise production of waste and increase recycling rates by following the waste hierarchy (reduce, reuse, recycle).
• Minimise consumption of energy and water.
• Minimise the environmental impact of activities on site.
• Minimise emissions from vehicle use.
• Promote the use of materials with recycled content or from sustainably managed sources.
• Seek to integrate environmental considerations into future business policy decisions and provide the resources to ensure implementation of the policy.
• Mitigate the risk of an environmental incident. However, in the event of an incident that may lead to pollution, HE will put in place response plans to reduce the potential impact on the environment. HE recognises its duty to inform the Environment Agency in the event of pollution being caused by our activities.
HE recognises the importance of sustainable development and work alongside clients to ensure that projects meet their sustainability requirements.
Lee is a chartered structural engineer who has over 18 years of experience working in engineering consultancy. Lee specialises in the assessment and design of building structures in all materials and has successfully delivered a range of high value and complex projects across the UK. He also has experience in pre-planning and civil engineering design which helps him successfully manage multi-disciplinary teams from concept stage through to construction. Clients enjoy working with Lee because of his proactive nature and drive to find the right solution. In his spare time, Lee enjoys coastal walks, playing golf, and travelling with his family.
James has over 20 years’ experience working in civil engineering consultancy. James’ experience spans planning support for flood risk, drainage and highway design through to detailed design. He has led planning assessments for commercial and residential schemes ranging from minor developments to major mixed used developments. James’ experience both in planning and detailed engineering design enables him to determine pragmatic approaches to overcoming planning issues and strategies that are deliverable. James works alongside other specialists to integrate designs to provide integrated solutions for clients. In his spare time, James is a keen triathlete, enjoys hill walking, watching rugby and spending time with his family (especially Bramble the Spaniel).
Sunil has over 33 years of experience working in structural engineering consultancy. Sunil has been responsible for a wide range of projects ranging in value from 1 million to 500 million, from inception to completion involving direct liaison with clients and other construction professionals, preparation of feasibility studies, detail design development, site supervision and site inspection. Sunil has worked on a wide range of projects covering all major sectors of engineering i.e. Educational, Retail, Residential, Refurbishment, Warehouses, Commercial, Heavy Industrial, Power distribution, Rail, etc.
Jonathan has over 35 years’ experience working in civil engineering consultancy. His experience is extensive and he works across the business, and is responsible for leading all Marine work. Jonathan has developed a reputation as a local marine expert and his expertise is sought by key clients who depend upon his professional advice. Jonathan has led the design of extensive high profile schemes, including the design of a new pleasure pier at Felixstowe and the design of a jetty in the River Thames designed to berth oil tankers. His extensive experience enables him to quickly determine economical and pragmatic solutions to complex engineering problems.
Joe leads all Rail projects and has 20 years’ experience in engineering consultancy, predominantly in a rail and civils structures background. He is a professionally qualified Civil Engineer with experience of acting as CEM and CRE on railway projects. He has led the design of extensive major projects and has experience in all forms of structures in a railway environment. Joe has an innate understanding of the operational, time and safety constraints associated with railway projects and is able to provide expert technical advice in meeting these head on. Joe’s professional areas of interest include the examination, management and rehabilitation of existing structures, and the development of junior staff.
Mike is a structural/civil engineer with 40 years’ experience across a wide range of projects in the housing, education, commercial, leisure, health and infrastructure sectors. He is experienced in design using all major structural materials, and has a sympathetic approach to the restoration of listed buildings. Mike is one of the founding directors of the practice and leads all civil and structural engineering projects.